maegan's napping, so time for an update and that is the very thing i want to update on anyway- her sleep! we are working on curing maegan of a few of her habits, be that that they are bad or just not good..whatever. so she's now napping in her room for the 3rd day in a row without a gate on her door, and her door is shut! I am soooo happy to not have to deal with that gate anymore because it's getting dang hard for me to step over it! :) And I really like her door to be shut for safety purposes and for the fact that baby sister is coming and any way we can help block the noise from maegan is a good thing. The 2nd habit we are tackling is maegan's night waking. The first night went well, the 2nd did not. She was up last night from 3-430 am, wanting to come into our bed. She's such a stubborn little bugger, and finally quite fighting and went back to sleep until 8am. I don't look forward to tonight, but i do know that this 'moving to mommy's bed in the middle of the night' thing has to stop. Not that i don't love having her in there (hey, she kicks ryan not me!) but i'm pretty sure baby sister will be sleeping in there and having two in bed is a huge co-sleeping no no.
The 3rd habit to be addressed is her cup of milk in bed, but for now that stays. Until we are firmly away from the other habits, that is :)
Maegan and I went with Laura and Jaden to the Festival of Trees parade today! Mae began the excursion with a full-fledged freak out over having to ride in Laura's car, but we just toughed it out and made it down there. She enjoyed the parade I think. She wasn't like crazy over it but she did enjoy saying bye bye to all the stuff that went by us. And getting her in the car for the ride home was a piece of cake! She was VERY pleasant and Laura and I held our breath for awhile, not believing how well she did! I love Laura for being such a trooper. Maegan's fits can be so scary to an outsider- hell they're frightening to me! But I knew that this was just something I was going to have to kind of push her through, and she did great!
Tonight Ellie and Lindsay are coming over to play! I will make sure to take some pics of all the girls together, for a certain grandma :)
No comments:
Post a Comment