Thursday, November 10, 2005

11.10.05

puke!
Maegan puked all day long yesterday. Luckily I wasn't in my normal rush to get out of the house first thing in the morning to get all of our errands done. Instead i cleaned the house and then finally jumped in the shower at 9:45. Maegan was lying in my bed (freshly made of course, white blanket on top.) She had quasi-puked before breakfast, but it was just saliva and i thought it was because she had her fingers jammed all the way into her mouth (a new habit?) She's been doing this a lot lately. After my shower I noticed she had the hiccups for the 3rd time that morning and had a feeling things weren't going well...not two minutes later she tossed her cookies all over my bed.
She proceeded to get sick 6 more times over the course of the next 6 hours...poor girl. She was okay at first but then got royally pissed when the dry heaves came. I knew every time she was going to get sick because she'd say "MOMMY MOMMY!!!" and want me to pick her up. And then right before she heaved it was "ALL DONE ALL DONE!!!" Like, "NOOOOO I THOUGHT I WAS DONE WITH THIS!!!" poor girl :( She would then scream and thrash about while she dry-heaved, she is not a happy puker that's for sure. She's got a good grasp now on the words "sick" and "toilet" and used them a lot yesterday. She would say "mommy sick" and then i'd walk her into the bathroom and she'd spit in the toilet and then want to wash her hands :)
I found that this was great practice for having a newborn again...it's been a long time since i just sat around all day and watched my baby. And while I didn't like seeing her so sick, it sure did make me excited of what's to come in about 8 weeks :)
She's been very good last night and today. Back to normal! I kept her home from school, 24 hour rule. She'll be very relieved when she finally gets to have some milk, denying her her morning milk was pretty painful. Her tantrums lately have turned a bit more dramatic. She now uses this low, raspy sound when she's really upset. Kind of like when you growl from the back of your throat like an animal would do? She's incorporated that into her tantrums. It's pretty funny, i don't know where she got it but I have to cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing when she's throwing a fit now. Which is good in two ways- i'm too busy laughing to let her tantrums get to me, and it gives me a good chuckle.

No comments: