Tuesday, November 15, 2005

11.15.05

Phew! We're back...i hope! The tummy bug knocked me out starting saturday, and unlike Maegan who recovered in all of 9 hours, Mommy took more like 3 days! Guess it hit me a little harder being 32 weeks pregnant and all. (That means only 7 weeks left, oh my God!)
Yesterday was our second Parent's As Teachers visit. Maegan had a blast! She remembered Miss Melissa right away and was showing her the collages we've made since the last time Melissa was here. When Melissa sat down with her bag of goodies, Maegan plopped down right in front of her and was ready to play! The first game they did involved those little plastic bears they use in preschools. Maegan had to sort them by color into cups that matched the color of the bears. She did it perfectly the first time! Then we played a game with the bears where there was 5 index cards with colored dots on them (all yellow on one card, all red on another, etc) and we had to reach into a bag, pull out a bear and put it on the right color. She did perfectly on this game too! A couple times she'd put one down on the wrong spot and then pick it right back up and put it down right. And she did an excellent job taking turns, no problems at all! She got really into saying "Melissa's turn!" "My turn!" "Mommy's turn!"
After that we played a game of matching socks. She was feeling a bit silly during this game so it didn't last long but she did well :) And the last game she had to choose a card, and then sort it into "doggie, car, or baby." Another great game for her! It's so awesome to see her do these things she's never done before, and do them so well!!! I had to hide my hormonal mommy tears a few times; I just get so blown away by how smart she is and the things she knows without being taught.
After Melissa left Mae was an absolute angel all day long; mommy wasn't feeling well so I spent a good part of the day laying down. She took a nice afternoon nap and then had to go for the 2nd part of her flu shot. She was very brave and only cried jsut after she got the shot, but then i pulled out her blue sucker and she was a happy camper again :)
Melissa reminded me the Festival of Trees parade is on Saturday, so I'm really excited about taking Maegan to that! I've never been to it, but i've watched it on TV a lot, and they have these big balloons and it's the official kickoff of Christmas, even if it is a week before Thanksgiving :)
Ok, I'd better run. Time for school/work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

As usual I love reading the thing you write and seeing and saving the pictures of Maegan. I can't wait to see her Mon eve. Take care of yourself-exciting times are coming.

Love, Kathy