Thursday, January 10, 2008

Finally

Finally, I've found what may end up being 10 free minutes to post here. That is not common these days! Anna-Kate is currently running (nearly) naked through the house, Molly is asleep in her swing (SHHHHH!) and Maegan is actively participating in an episode of Dora. I'll type fast.
We had a wonderful Christmas! The girls were spoiled rotten even though we tried so hard to scale back. Looks like we'll be scaling back even more next year. Some of their favorite new things are the mini-trampoline, baby doll furniture that Anna got for her birthday, all of the new musical and pop up books, and Molly's favorite is her jumperoo! It truly was an awesome Christmas- not (too) stressful, lots of time spent with family and tons of snow!
Anna-Kate had a wonderful 2nd birthday! She ate doughnuts and played. Her idea of a perfect day, I think! It's so strange for me because although I know she just turned two, I've thought of her as being two for awhile. And she's definitely acting like a two year old these days (and I reminded Ryan the other day that three was worse!)
Molly is growing like a weed of course. I'm sure she's still topping out the charts with her weight, I'd guess her to be near 16 lbs now which is getting very close to what Anna-Kate weighed at one year! But, on the other hand she's right on par with Maegan's growth in the first year. She's the smiliest baby I've ever met, and her smiles are so huge they take over her whole face. Very heartwarming. :) She hasn't laughed out loud yet, a few tiny almost-laughs but I'm waiting for a real laugh.
Maegan got sent home from school yesterday with pink eye! I was feeling very bad for not noticing it, but then I picked her up from school and see she has the mildest case of pink eye ever. No way would I have noticed it and I bet her teacher wouldn't if she hadn't told her she was having trouble "peeking." She's on eye drops now, I should have recorded myself trying to give her the first dose. Pure comedy! (screaming, tears, handcuffs, straight jacket, etc.) She now understands that eye drops don't hurt and is a perfect patient.
Here are some pictures from the last month-
We had a super fun sleepover with Ellie and Lindsay!
Photobucket

I love this picture, I think I'll have it framed in black and white:
Photobucket

"You're going to baptize who???"
Photobucket

Maegan's current writing sample (she's gotten so much better in just the past couple months!)
Photobucket

Molly, 3 months:
Photobucket

Busted! The birthday girl ate 5 doughnuts, no kidding!
Photobucket

I call this one, "Ahhhh, i love doughnuts."
Photobucket

At her birthday party, sampling the very blue frosting from her Ariel cupcake cake:
Photobucket

Molly's 3 month photo:
Photobucket

Anna-Kate's 2 year photo:
Photobucket

Torturing our kids:
Photobucket

I love this photo- classic Dolan girls. Ellie and Lindsay in their super-cute hamming it up poses, Maegan in her "i'm so proper" pose, Molly just staring off and Anna-Kate, absent.
Photobucket

We call these "blue and purple marshmallows"
Photobucket

"Hey look- it's Elf on the Shelf!"
Photobucket

3 comments:

Melanie said...

All the pics are great, but I agree that the giggling girls one is just so perfect. Totally captures what little girls are all about. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post all that, I can only imagine how little time you have these days!

Michelle Stokes said...

I love the photos. My favorites are the one with the kids and in the stockings and Anna-Kate and the doughnuts. They are so cute!

Debbie said...

I love the pictures, Erin!