Thursday, December 13, 2007

Almost Christmas catchup

I'd better post today, otherwise all memories and pictures of the past month will be lost as our Christmas-craziness begins tomorrow!
It's been an entertaining month here at our house. The girls are pretty excited about Christmas- Anna would like some presents, and Maegan wants everything under the sun. It takes every ounce of patience I have to sit and watch TV with her because every show on Nickelodeon is filled with commercials for crap! And she says " i want that mom! can i have that mom???" and then Anna-Kate, Maegan's little parrot, says, "i want that mom! can i have that mom???" And you know we already have a million toys that don't ever get played with. That I get to clean up.
So the girls are stoked for Santa to come, although neither one of them was brave enough to sit on the big guy's lap. Molly did though! It surprised us since Maegan did sit on his lap last year. I love this photo.
2006:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Molly is still doing well. She's much happier now that she's not on any dairy, and I've found I can eat a little here and there without bothering her too much. I will say, though, (and only so that I can remember this when I go back through this blog in a year or two when I get the baby bug) that she is wearing me out! Between being attached to me to eat constantly, to waking up at least 3 or 4 times each night to eat, to not napping well and wanting to be constantly held and having 2 other kids to keep happy while simultaneously taking care of Molly, I'm worn out! It's by the grace of God that I'm able to function on a daily basis and keep a smile on my face- I must be doing something right for Him to be so kind to me. :)
She is becoming more independent by the minute and I know soon I'll be looking at her, begging to have back her newborn days. She loves the exersaucer! She's so strong, just like Maegan was. She watches the tv, watches her sisters run circles around her, and just loves to be awake and alert. She still likes to be attached to Mommy so I get to wear her during Anna's music class (not an easy feat!) and anytime we go shopping.
Oh- her 2 month stats. She weighed 13lbs 4ozs....drumroll.....over the 95th%tile!!! Off the charts! I dont remember her exact length and head circumference but she was 75th%tile for height and 90th%tile for her noggin.

Anna-Kate is the funniest little creature I've ever met. She has turned into a wild woman, jumping off of anthing that is at least a foot off the ground, tackling her sister and parents, and just plain giving us heart attacks every time we turn around. She has quite a bit of sass to her too- she will yell "STOP CRYING MOMMY!" when I mimic her constant whining, and shouts "THAT'S MY FAVORITE COLOR PINK!" whenever she sees something pink. She's our little firecracker, if only she had red hair! It's hard to believe that in just over 2 weeks she'll be 2 years old.

Maegan is growing up so fast. She has changed so much from a year ago, it makes my head spin when I watch old videos of her. She loves to color now and write her letters. She went from this all over the page, scribbling to almost coloring in the lines! It literally happened overnight. She knows all letters of the alphabet and writes them well. Lately she's talked a lot about when she goes to kindergarten that she gets so wear a uniform like the big girls. I'm glad she's already excited about it! :) Love those uniforms. She is very excited for her school program (tomorrow) and her Christmas recital (Saturday.) She loves to perform on stage and talks constantly about it! She's still the same girl that loves to jump and run and do anything physical, but now she's showing more of her quieter side as she colors more, wants to read with me more, and will sit and have a conversation with me. She's retaining a lot more now than she did last year, and tells me all the time what Christmas is really about.
On a funnier note- she's just starting to wrap her head around death (our beloved fish, Golden, died last month,) and we currently have her "kids" (imaginary friends) dropping left and right. Please take note of this so you don't step or sit on one of them when you are with us. :)

Playing beauty shop with Daddy:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Talking to "mama Susie:"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

All ready for Nemo on Ice:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Our girls:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anna ready for Nemo:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Maegan in the same outfit, Christmas 2004:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog! I can't BELIEVE how big molly is! Mama's milk is making her so big and healthy!
Betsy