Well I'm finally back, and with a new daughter! Yay!
Anna-Kate is the most precious thing I've ever seen...well since Maegan of course :) I spend about 23 hours of each day staring at her, I just can't believe after all we went through she's finally here, she's perfect, and now our family is just a little more complete. Not totally complete though ;)
She's simply been pure joy so far. She sleeps well, eats VERY well, and rarely cries. When she's awake she just likes to look around and make lots of faces. She poops a lot (I had actually not thought about just how many newborn diapers I'd be changing! WHOA!) but her little poops are so pain-free to clean up that I don't even mind. Maegan's are another story :P
I had been worried we'd have breastfeeding problems, only because it went so perfectly with maegan, but it's going perfectly this time too! Her latch at first was a little small but she's learned how to do it right and now she latches right on and eats very well. She is a huge fan of the boobs, she'll often latch on and then just sit there with a look on her face like, "Ahhhhh, this is what I needed."
I wonder what she'll be like in a couple months? I vaguely remember Maegan at this age. She was an awesome baby too. Will Anna-Kate grow to be as feisty as her sister? I think Ryan hopes so :)
Maegan is an *amazing* big sister. She literally adores Anna-Kate, i'm not just saying that. She wants to snuggle with her, lay next to her, kiss her, hold her, etc. She had a small rough spurt right after we got home from the hospital, but I think it may have been more us learning to deal with two at the same time rather than Maegan having an actual problem. She has expressed wanting me a little bit more (actually saying "need you" or something like that) which she never did before A-K but that's only to be expected. Life is pretty much back to something normal, and it's great.
I think they do look a lot alike, Anna-Kate definitely has some facial expressions that are totally Maegan. She's still smaller than Maegan was at birth, though, so until she fills out a bit it will be hard to tell if they look totally alike or just some alike. Either way- they are both gorgeous girls.
Ryan gave me a present yesterday! A cleaning lady...er...boy! He hired himself to clean my house today :) Anna-Kate and I are going out, probably to the mall, and he and Maegan are going to clean all the things i'm not allowed to clean, and then all the things I am allowed to clean too. Isn't that sweet? He was going to hire someone, but my frugal guy decided that he could do a better job and not have to spend the money if he just did it himself :)
This week is the concrete convention in Vegas so the entire office and many of the workers are headed there, so the girls and I are going to spend a lot of time at the office helping Ryan out. He is the only one there all week so maybe we'll teach mae how to answer the phones or something. :)
1 comment:
What a nice entry! I am so happy that Anna-Kate has arrived and that you have two little girls now! It sounds like everything is going fabulously :)
Post a Comment