Wednesday, December 07, 2005

12.7.05

oh boy. Not feeling very creative or wordy today so this may be a very dull blog entry. First things first- my back is killing me! Killing me!! I can barely walk today. So that makes a day at home with a 2 year old....interesting. I'm lucky Maegan is so independent, though, because really it doesn't seem to bother her that I don't move much and that she's been playing by herself a lot today. There's not much I can do with her from the couch or chair, but she's a trooper. I'm trying hard to not feel guilty as she sits downstairs watching Buzz and Woody. She walked all the way up here just to ask for them :)
We've had a great week so far! Monday we stayed home and accomplished things around the house. I don't remember what, but it felt good to accomplish those things. Monday night we made a gingerbread house! Neither Ryan, Maegan or I had ever done it before so it was a first for all of us. Maegan ate the whole time, i kid you not. She had no part in decorating! She just sat there and munched on candy as ryan and i made the house.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday Maegan made a construction paper candy cane at school and spent a lot of time with her new toys she got at Great Grandma Shimp's Christmas. She got the Weebly Wobbly tree house and an Aquadoodle mat, and she LOVES them both. She loves the treehouse for playing by herself, and loves the mat for playing with Mommy and Daddy. She asks us to draw shapes, letters, and her name. She can now recognize Maegan, Mommy, Daddy and I think she can recognize Dolan. I'll have to double check that one later.
We had a quiet night at home last night and Maegan went to bed early because she had a short nap. She's sleeping so wonderfully these days- down at 8:30-9:30 and up at 7:30-8. It's so nice!

I am 35 weeks pregnant now, only 4 weeks to go (from yesterday!) Here's the baby:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm popping out there a bit more now! She's still doing great, and nothing new to report! Oh wait- i have a new stretchmark. I totally jinxed myself last weekend by telling Ryan I had not gotten any yet, and i literally looked down and there it was. It's small, but it's there. I can't complain, though, as all of mine from maegan have faded so that only I can see them, so i will just hope this one does the same.

Oh! Last night I took some pics of Maegan, and this one turned out cute. Definitely captures her "Maegan-ness."
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I cannot get the girl to give a decent smile lately. They are all growly-type smiles, or super duper huge cheezy smiles. Oh well, that's my maegan.

No comments: