Today is day number 2 of no school. I'm kind of happy and kind of...not sure what we're going to do all day! It's bitterly cold out, which is too bad because there's a ton of lovely white snow that the girls are dying to play in. They played in it for a bit on Tuesday and I was so excited as we were getting ready because both Maegan and Anna-Kate can pretty much dress themselves in their snow gear! Dressing 3 girls to play in snow is no fun, so any help I can get is good
This fall has been a good one for our family. Maegan still loves every minute of kindergarten and we were both surpried when she was hoping for a snow day yesterday. But, she's a girl that loves staying in her jammies, making art projects and playing in the snow so snow days are exciting, even for her. Anna-Kate loves preschool and is so much more social than Maegan, we just eat it up. She comes home and tells us who she played with and what they did and can usually give us many details of her day. She is so excited for her birthday! I always get ahead of myself and start thinking my kids are their upcoming age way too soon, so to think she's just turning 4 kind of blows my mind. And add to that the fact that she speaks and acts like an 8 year old!
Molly is our funny girl. She makes us laugh constantly by acting like her sisters, and saying many funny things. I think she might be our future class clown! Her current favorite activity is "pway da ipod." Hearing my 2 year old ask for my ipod is just a little too much for me! Molly has been having some sleeping issues for around 6 weeks now. Most nights she struggles to go to bed and when/if she does go to bed in her own bed, she wakes in the middle of the night to come to our bed. However, last night she was struggling to go down and I promised her a sticker (on her hand, she insisted) if she stayed in bed all night, and she did! I'm shocked.
The biggest thing in our lives right now is that Maegan's best friend, Joey, was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia last week. As a mom, I've been waiting for something like this to happen. I assume it's natural- and I don't consider myself to be a worrier- to fear car accidents, serious illness, any life-changing event. And to know our friends are going through this is heartbreaking. We went to visit Joey on Monday, and that was nice. We just can't wait to have him back, and 100% healthy again.
Maegan was shy to Joey at first, because of his wheelchair. But after a litte time, she was better and even went for a ride with Joey! He took us to the 8th and 3rd floors of the hospital, showing us all his favorite spots.
Joey is coming home from Iowa City today, and we are so happy for him. Being in the hospital is no fun.
We've been working hard to make our den more organized and fun for the girls. I bought and painted a table, which is our new art table, we hung some shelves and painted a large chalkboard on the wall! It still needs to be trimmed, but the room looks great! I also painted a corner tv stand which is now their computer table. It's really coming together and not such an eyesore anymore!
I'm working on uploading some pictures, but having problems getting blogger to cooperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment