I apologize to my loyal blog readers who have been made to wait so long! I've neglected you, and I'm sorry. :) I've decided to make this task simpler by writing a word update now, with picture update to come later.
Maegan's update-
Maegan, our beautiful kindergartner! I am adjusting to her being gone all day long, but I can't deny that it still does make me sad to not have her here. Don't get me wrong- the house is more peaceful, things stay cleaner longer and the art table, while tidy, lacks the life it used to have. Our house is just not the same without her here! She loves every minute of kindergarten. It worries me slightly that the only thing she can ever tell me she did each day was 3 recesses, snack, lunch, gym art or music, and rest time. Oh and sometimes they color. But I remind myself this isn't college, it's kindergarten and the academics will come...later this year i hope? She rides the bus to and from school each day which she loves and has a bus riding partner in Joey, who is the big brother (also in kinder.) of the little girl I babysit.
We made the decision a year and a half ago to keep Maegan from kindergarten last year and put her into pre-k, making her one of the oldest in her class. This concerned me but I was assured that it was best for social purposes, so we agreed. Fast forward to this year, and the packet of information we got about Maegan's kindergarten curriculum. The will focus on 2 sight words per week, with a total of 26 learned by the end of the year. I had maegan read through the list and the only sight word on the list that tripped her up was "seven." So, I'm feeling a little concerned about how they can keep her entertained and continue to build on her reading skills if she is already reading...we'll see what happens.
Anna-Kate's update:
Anna Kathryn, our gorgeous preschooler! School started this week for her, and both were short days so she was bummed she didn't get recess! A very disappointed Maegan sat on the playground and waited for her, because they will have recess at the same time some days. I thought that was very sweet!
She did great with preschool, aside from the first morning where I think her nerves got the best of her. She had a tummy ache but was all healed by the time we got to school, and she took off without a second glance. She already knows several of the kids in her class which is great for her.
Anna-Kate and Maegan are both doing gymnastics and hopefully dance this year. Anna-Kate is excited to be at the same gym Maegan is at and did really well in her first class last week.
Molly's update:
Molly, our loving little wild child! We've discovered that Molly has two personalities. The loud, pushy, cranky one that comes out when her sisters are around and the sweeter, quieter, softer one that comes when she's by herself with mommy or daddy. She is normally loud and very, VERY funny. One of her famous quotes from lately is:
Ryan- Molly, you're not funny.
Molly- I FUNNY!
Ryan- No, you're not funny.
Molly- (growly voice) I FUNNY!!!!!
She's very verbal for her age, I think. Maybe not quite as understood as Anna-Kate was but for the most part I can understand everything she says. She's recently learned how to jump, which is pretty funny to watch. She pretty much copycats everything her sisters do and say, which is also hilarious. For example, Anna-Kate will walk up and say something to me, and walk away. Molly follows right behind her, says the same thing in a garbled up Molly language, and walks away.
I can't believe my baby is almost 2! I'm not sure what kind of party she's going to have yet, but she really likes Mickey Mouse so I'm thinking we may go in that direction.
1 comment:
I accept your apology for not updating your blog....just do not let it happen again! :O
Post a Comment