So, as it snows outside we're housebound so why not add some updates and pictures to our blog?
The girls are running like maniacs around the kitchen, and Molly is watching them from my lap. She wants to laugh, she just doesn't know how yet. she can almost laugh, though. It's kind of a caught-in-my-throat kind of laugh.
Updates all around-
Molly is 4 months old, and still doesn't sleep well. She recently retired from breastfeeding in an attempt to give Mommy back some sanity. She still wakes 4 times a night, on a good night. (GROAN.) She's got a couple different personalities- the one that screams and cries and spits up all over you, and the other one that just sits there and watches what's going on around her, with a fist in her mouth or a smile on her face. We'll be trying solid foods in the next month, which doesn't really excite me! :) She rolled from her belly to her back yesterday!
Anna-Kate, my lovely 2 year old. She is every bit the definition of a two year old. Whiney, weepy, falls to tears very easily, full of energy and ideas and WORDS. This kid has a vocabulary that rivals Maegan. I've started keeping a log of funny things my girls say, because the two older ones come up with some doozies and I just don't ever want to forget how funny and quirky they are! Anna-Kate now wraps her arms around me and says "Mama, you my BEST FRIEND!" To the lady in the checkout lane at Target, who was trying to converse with her, she said, "I'm not so shy anymore." To Molly this afternoon she said, "Don't cry. I'm here. It's okay baby. I'm here. Don't be sad."
Maegan is so much fun. She's very into her computer these days, and her favorite program is a Disney art program. She makes "surprises" for us, so about every 10 minutes I have to walk back to her room and see her new creation she has made just for me "because I love you, Mommy." We had her preschool conference 2 weeks ago and decided with her teacher that she will go to pre-k next year. I'm glad to have that decision off the table because it was weighing on me, and it really helps that Miss Klopp recommended pre-k, because who can go against a teacher who is wonderful and your kid adores? I do think it will be best for her and honestly, the thought of being away from her for the whole day was bringing me to tears, so I take that as a sign that we're just not ready for that. So she will go M, T, Th, and F from 11:50-2:45 and W from 11:50-1:45. About half of her current class is going to pre-k with her, so that will be nice. And, that means that all of our girls will (should) be 2 years apart in school.
Today Maegan did her Valentines, and impressed me by writing her name on all of them, and then writing each of her classmates names on the envelopes! She did really well, and it was interesting to see how many different ways she'd write her name. Sometimes in a circle, sometimes MAE on one line and GAN on the 2nd, sometimes she'd make a pattern- capital, lowercase, capital, etc. She loved writing her classmates names and you can tell they talk about their names a lot because she could identify most of them and knew all the sounds in each person's name.
Pictures time!
Molls talking to daddy:

Hello, Alfalfa:

Maegan thought she needed some toys to sleep with:

Pure joy on the bouncing ball:

Such a big girl!

Shoveling, I mean eating, ice cream:

Love this outfit she created (note the tights with flip flops!)

She was reading to Molly!

I caught Molly watching tv!

Sweet Molly:



Wearing Mommy's glasses and hat:
4 comments:
OMG, can this be true? You are talking about your baby being in Pre-K already? Feels like Mae was just born! Not sure how she could just be born and have 2 sisters but it still feels like it wasn't very long ago that you had her! The girls look great; So happy with their lives and saying adorable things to put a smile on your face! LOVE IT!
It is so fun reading your blogs. The girls seem like they are best friends and your house just looks like so much fun! You make being stuck inside look fun!
LOVE YOU!
I LOVE seeing Maegan's new outfits, very creative! Molly is so adorable, I love the hair sticking straight up. Your girls are pure entertainment.
I love Maegans outfits! She is such a silly girl! The pictures are all great! I love the one of Maegan bouncing on the ball.
And for the record... I do NOT like the snow and cold either!! I can't wait until we can go outside and play.
Post a Comment