Tuesday, April 02, 2013

It's fall and...

it's only been a few months since my last post! The weather is getting cooler and things are starting to get busy in a great way around here! The craziness of school starting/soccer season has given way to excitement about the holidays, and the arrival of baby sister. We've been looking forward to this time for awhile- with Anna Kate being born January 3rd we knew exactly what we were getting when we found out that our baby is due January 12th- it's a wonderful Halloween, Thanksgiving, out of town family comes home, Christmas, BABY! Having a baby right after the holidays is fabulous- makes that third trimester fly by. I'm 31 weeks pregnant now and my c-section is scheduled for January 9th. She's moving and growing like crazy, and I'm savoring every moment just in case this is our last baby. The girls marvel every time we talk about her size and read the weekly updates about her- we're all trying to figure out just how a 16" long person that weighs about 3 pounds fits into my belly. It just doesn't seem possible to any of us! Maegan loves to talk to her; she moves almost every time she hears Maegan's voice! I think I'm carrying her a bit lower than the other girls and I'm curious to see if she continues to stay low. I've had regular chiropractic care this time and I wonder if that's the reason. The school year is going well for all 3 girls. We had conferences a couple weeks ago and left feeling a little inflated at how well they are all doing :) Molly's teachers said she should just be in kindergarten, Anna Kate's teacher asked us if we'll ever have anything but easy kids (don't jinx us!) and Maegan's teacher just loves Maegan. Maybe she could talk a little less though, Mrs. Lucas suggested. Soccer season is finally over, Maegan was the only one playing this fall. It was on her top 3 activities to do this year and unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) this was her career ending season. It's just not for her! She is loving her piano lessons and seems to be doing very well. She and Anna Kate are taking softball lessons every other week from Aunt Hallie and they are both looking forward to playing little league in the spring. Molly and Anna Kate are both taking gymnastics and enjoying it very much. Our schedule right now is lovely- I can't complain at this point about having kids that are over-involved!

No comments: