Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3.14.07

Things are well here! Our biggest news, if you haven't heard yet, is that we are expecting baby #3! We are all thrilled, especially Maegan who is sure she's getting a brother. Mommy is sure it's another girl, so hopefully Maegan won't be too disappointed. We will be keeping this baby a surprise, something Ryan really wanted last time but Erin stomped and pouted until she got her way ;) We are both excited to have that "It's a ____!" moment this time. Oh my God will I bawl like a baby.
Everything with the pregnancy is going well. I have dealt with the normal morning sickness, but have had 2.5 days now if feeling "normal" so I'm praying that it is gone for good. At my appointment last Friday I got to hear the heartbeat, which was awesome. Here is our little peanut's first picture:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Maegan and Anna-Kate are thrilled that the weather has taken a turn for the good. They both very much enjoy playing outside. Anna-Kate even throws a tantrum every time we have to come in! I took them to Rocket Park today and both were beside themselves. Maegan kept saying, "Mommy I'm just very excited!!!" in a high-pitched squeal. :) I really want to invest in some GPS trackers though, because it is impossible to keep my eyes on both of them at once. Anna-Kate isn't easily persuaded yet, so I have to follow her and just hope that Maegan is okay (which at Rocket Park is kind of hard because it's so big I can't just look up and find her.) We may not be going there much, unfortunately.
School and dance class are going well for Maegan. She's signed up to play soccer this spring, and also will start taking some classes at the Children's Museum in Bettendorf. I've been trying to find ways to entertain her this summer, so she'll be taking a few classes then, and probably will attend Vacation Bible School somewhere, as well as take swimming lessons. It sounds like a lot, but the thought of day after day of unstructured time at home well...let's just say it might turn my stomach a little bit. My very proud Maegan moment of the week was at the dentist's office yesterday. She went through the entire exam! Teeth cleaning, flossing, the spit sucker thingy, all of it! And her pearly whites are just that- pearly white! No cavities. :)

Anna-Kate is still a wee bit young for anything but hanging out with mommy. Hopefully she'll get to start taking music classes in the fall. I think she will really enjoy them! I'd like to say she's growing like a weed but really she's not. She's still short and sweet (and REALLY feisty too, but short and sweet sounds better.) She's saying quite a few words: Drew, Jesse, cracker, Iowa, Maegan, more, milk, and many animal names. She's also quite the pro at animal sounds. She had me laughing today because as we were walking down the street she started quacking at the top of her lungs, and there in front of these people's house are a pair of wooden ducks. She really draws people's attention wherever she goes, with her animal noises and limp-arm wave that is better seen than explained. Oh and her 6 tooth smile. The funny part is she has two top middle and two bottom middle, and then an eye tooth to the right on top and an eye tooth the the left on bottom. And no others in sight!

A funny video of this hilarious laugh Anna-Kate does:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/erin978/?action=view&current=P1010812.flv

Here are some pictures of our girlies in the past month or so:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

maegan in her "puppy jammies." They are 2 sizes too small, and she now changes into her jammies as soon as we walk in the door. These days she is wearing one of two things- jammies or a dress (princess dress, she calls them.)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new picts! Anna-Kate is looking like such a big girl!

Michelle Stokes said...

First off, CONGRATS on the next addition to the DOlan clan!!!! I have so much fun looking at your blog. Your girls are so adorable and the photos and video you capture are priceless! I was off my chair watching Anna-Kate's videos!