So Anna-Kate is a full time walker now. She blew us away when she starting trying to walk at 9 months. And she literally TRIED- she was persistent and even though her little legs weren't quite strong enough she kept trying! Well at about 10 months she was walking 3 steps here, 5 steps there and then somewhere around 10.5 months she started walking full time. She does not crawl much at all, she prefers to walk which surprises us.
Anna is also now talking! I had to go back and look at old Maegan videos today because it seems so early! I can't remember exactly when maegan said anything besides dada but I found videos of her at this age saying 'yaya' and grunting :) If I remember right she didn't say much until around 18 months. Anna is saying "uh oh," "hot," and "drew!" It is so cute when she says 'hot' because she kind of whispers it and then puts a definite "t" at the end. And then she shocked us on Monday by mimicking me when i was calling for drew! Here is a video of her saying his name this morning:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/erin978/?action=view¤t=SV300300.flv
Sorry about the poor videoing, I was feeding both of them at the same time and trying to record.
Anna will be 11 months on Sunday!
Maegan is so funny these days. She went through a very rough period about a month ago, then had a nicer period for about 2 weeks and then this week it appears we are back in a rough spot. She's definitely testing our limits and trying to establish more independence. Last night we heard her get out of bed and was standing at the top of the stairs while we were downstairs watching tv. Ryan called her name and told her to get back to bed, and she yelled at him, "ZIP IT!" We probably should have addressed that but we were both laughing so hard we couldn't move. And she tells me that *I* "crack her up."
She is thrilled that it is Christmas. She doesn't quite understand that it is a month away still, she tells me it's Christmas in the living room and wants to know where her toy airplane is. She also wants a camera, a sled, a white sink (???) and a red race car.
School is going very well still. She loves to go and seems to be doing very well there. Dance class is also going well and her first recital is December 16th! I'm going to bawl like a baby!
Here are some recent pictures:

Maegan's school picture (yes, she's terrified!)

The girls with my nephews, Drew and Jesse:


And a kiss from Anna!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/erin978/?action=view¤t=SV300297.flv
1 comment:
ERin--this is so great--I love your write ups as well as the pictures and videos. It is wonderful watching their developement. Thanks!
Kathy
Post a Comment