well...yes...i did jinx myself.
Maegan is no longer using the potty :( Actually she's still using it a bit, but just not happily like she was before. She will still tell us about 1/2 the time, which i guess is better than never. Oh well, 2 steps forward, 3 steps back right?
Maegan's imagination is growing by leaps and bounds right now. We bought some wooden blocks like our PAT coordinator, Melissa, suggested and Maegan just loves them. We build lots of stuff, and I'm really impressed with how well she plays with them. Melissa was talking about how to use the blocks to represent other things, and Maegan has definitely caught onto that concept. She loves to build a house and then have all her family members come in (family members played by the blocks, of course.) it's really quite cute. I love to see what order she brings them in, it's like a window into her mind at that moment. Tonight it was Grandma Kathy first, then Grandpa Jim. Then Maegan (the block) came in, and Maegan (the kid) said "Missed you!" to Grandma and Grandpa. How cute is that?! After them came Uncle Bart, then Auntie Kerin and then Alabama (their dog.) Kids just crack me up.
Last week we started a new class, Music for 2.5-3.5 year olds. Maegan had a fabulous time! I'm quite impressed so far (after 1 class :P) Not many things can grab and hold onto Maegan's attention, but this did.
Funny things Maegan has said lately:
1. "That's enough! Do you need a time out?" (She's said this to Marley and Anna-Kate. I think she's trying to show her dominance!)
2. "Poopy's gross."
3. "Maegan loves cake."
4. "Anna-Kate, see Maegan's hair?" (as she shoves her head right into anna-kate's face!)
Anna-Kate is sleeping poorly again. We have matching undereye circles to prove it :) The girl just likes to eat too much, and can only go about 3 hours before she wakes up and needs to fill her tummy. She's pretty small though, so I can't blame her. Good thing she's so cute, i'm blinded by her beauty even at 3:00 am.
Anna-Kate turns 3 months old tomorrow. Where has the time gone? I have no idea. She's getting her pictures done on Wednesday, in her Easter dress, with her sister who will be wearing a MATCHING Easter dress. Yes, I am putting my girls in matching clothes and i am sooo excited :) Ryan says someday they will hate me. I say I don't care, at least when they hate me I'll have a picture of them wearing the same dress.
1 comment:
You're too funny, Erin. Your girls will never hate you. I'm totally guilty of dressing my kids alike, and you have proof of it!
On a serious note, I hope A-K starts sleeping better for you soon...it really is a big difference when you can sleep for like 8 consecutive hours!
Post a Comment